A knowledge base has one clearly defined purpose: provide users with easy support for your product or service. To know if your content is really helping users it is important to know what they think of your help content. Our article rating system can help you with that. With the article rating system we deliver an easy to use but powerful feedback system for all your articles.
Ratings in short
- Let the user rate your article based on three type of emoji. Bad, OK or Amazing!
- Decide who can rate: Guests, Users, one of your roles or everyone! We're fully integrated with the Flarum permission system.
- The user has the option to enter some human readable feedback for you to consume. Believe us, it will help!
- Review all feedback and get a percentage of how your article was rated!
How to enable or disable rating
You can configure ratings very easy. Open our fresh admin dashboard page and click on the option "Ratings". To enable or disable rating switch the on or off switch with the label "Enable ratings for articles" to your prefered side. This will enable ratings on every article.
How to customize the rating module
Your rating module is customizeable. It allows you to change the rating emoji and all texts visible to your users. A live preview will help you pick the right choice! The following things can be customized with the dashboard settings page:
- The emoji used for the rating points.
- The call to action text, asking the user to rate your article.
- Text the users see based on their rating. Positive or negative.
Our module colors will always be based on your theme, but you can always use the classes of the rating module to suit it to your needs.
View feedback and rating percentage
To see the rating of your article you can just visit it and click in the settings menu on the option "view ratings". A magic list full with feedback you can work with appears. In short: the rating itself on top: how many people who rated liked your article and how many people think the article is bad! Now the real magic happens: you can click on one of the percentage counters to filter the table below and only show that kind of rating!
The table visible in this window tells you which user rated, how they rated and if they left any feedback. If a guest rates your article, an IP address will be shown. The rating system works with a point system.
- 0 Points means that the user found your article bad. It didn't help them.
- 1 Point means that the user found your article "OK", but it has some room to improve.
- 2 Points means that the user rated your article as amazing! Let's party!
Permissions and more permissions
It is important to decide which user can do what. The Flarum Support plugin is fully integrated with the Flarum permission system. You have full control on who can vote on an article and who can view the article ratings. Everyone allows not-signed in users to vote on your article too!
What if users change their mind?
That is no problem at all! Users (or guests) can edit their rating at any time and also change their readable feedback. This way you can get freshly baked feedback from the same user, without a huge list of feedback originated from the same user.
The rating module is included with the Flarum Support plugin. Make sure you have an active subscription for your flarum forum to use this cool rating system and improve your articles! When you need help, feel free to contact us.
Good luck and have a toast on good feedback! 🥂🍻