With update v.1.2.0 we released an overhaul of the Article editor. Previously using the floating flarum composer, we noticed that a few things went awry or just didn't really work right. We're always working on updating our plugin with the best features and so the new inline composer was born.
The inline composer in short
- It actually still is the Flarum composer, but modified.
- When editing or creating an article, the composer will now appear on the page instead of a floating window.
- We've added a "View" tab in the composer. This allows you to preview the article you've just typed out.
- It's now possible to hide an article even before you publish it. Just click on the switch at the top right of the new composer.
- We can't say this enough: no features are lost, since it still is the Flarum composer.
The Write tab is the composer tab. Here you can type out your article in comfort. Take your time, and make it a nice looking article. Since it still is the Flarum composer you can use all of it's features. From markdown (including the toolbar) to when enabled, file uploading with drag and drop.
The View tab is the preview. It will show you how your current article will look when you publish it by clicking on the Create button. There's nothing more to it, except that you can now all preview your articles!
It's possible to hide your article before you even publish your article. This makes sure that your customers will never see your article if you don't want to. Just use the "Publish article" switch on the top right of the inline composer. You can always publish or hide your article again.
That's cool right? 😎 Want to use our inline composer for your Knowledge Base articles? That's no problem at all! The inline composer is like all our features included in the Support extension. If you don't have the extension yet, you can get a fair deal on Extiverse
Have fun composing some amazing articles!